The Reclaiming Vacant Properties Conference scholarship program provides access to the Reclaiming Vacant Properties Conference for individuals with financial need who strive to improve the quality of life in economically disadvantaged communities and whose commitment to vacant property reclamation will be reinforced by their participation in the conference.
The scholarship program supports and strengthens the efforts of grassroots organizations, community leaders, and public agencies that work closely with, or represent, economically disadvantaged communities to repurpose vacant and abandoned property. A limited number of scholarships are available. Scholarship applications are due March 12, 2018.
Program Guidelines and Requirements
- Eligibility: Eligible applicants are representatives from the nonprofit community, public agencies, and resident activists who are serving communities that face property vacancy, abandonment, and deterioration, as well as students pursuing education related to neighborhood stabilization and vacant property reclamation. Individuals who have received scholarship awards for a previous RVP conference are not eligible.
- Awards: The scholarship will cover registration for conference activities from May 15-17, 2018. Applicants traveling from outside the Milwaukee, Wisconsin region may apply for reimbursement for two nights of hotel accommodations. The scholarship does not cover travel expenses.
Reclaiming Vacant Properties Conference scholarship applications will be reviewed by Center for Community Progress staff. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to neighborhood stabilization efforts and vacant property reclamation in communities facing vacancy, abandonment, and deterioration
- Demonstrated commitment to social equity in community development
- Financial need
- Willingness to remain engaged with Community Progress after the conference and to continue supporting vacant property reclamation work within communities facing property vacancy, abandonment, and deterioration
- Geographic diversity
February 12, 2018: Scholarship program announced
March 12, 2018: Scholarship application deadline
March 26, 2018: Scholarships awarded by this date
April 13, 2018: Registration deadline for scholarship recipients
For questions regarding the Scholarship Program please contact Justin Godard at firstname.lastname@example.org.